toll free : (800) 984-1543
local : (706) 896-4966
Housekeeper successfully maintains the cleanliness of facilities with integrity and attention to detail. The position will facilitate a clean and orderly environment for guests. The position reports directly to the Crew Chief and Services Manager and is a full-time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt hourly, and benefits-eligible position. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.
• Ensure all rooms, common areas, and studios are cared for and inspected according to standards, including exterior porches and walkways.
•Perform a variety of cleaning and sanitization activities such as:
-Dusting and polishing furniture and fixtures.
-Cleaning and sanitizing toilets, showers/bathtubs, countertops, and sinks.
-Maintaining a clean and sanitary kitchen area.
-Making beds and changing linens.
-Washing windows, cleaning mirrors, and other glass surfaces.
-Use cleaning equipment such as vacuums, mops, and other cleaning tools to perform vacuuming and cleaning carpets, rugs, and mopping hard surface floors.
-Sorting, washing, folding, and delivering laundry.
-Emptying trash receptacles and disposing of waste.
• Notify Crew Chief or Manager of any damages, deficits, and disturbances.
• Interact with guests’ requests with professionalism.
• Assist with special programs and events that are held on campus throughout the year.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Able to work weekends and/or evenings as necessary.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Minimum one year of housekeeping experience preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
• Knowledge of and experience in cleaning and sanitizing rooms to varying levels to meet requirements.
• Valid driver’s license.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and climb stairs. The employee is frequently required to use hands to handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls and to talk fluently. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects or boxes. This position requires the ability to drive a car. The position requires that the employee be able to walk unaided up and down hills and over uneven terrain, bend, stoop, and have use of fine and gross motor skills.
Please submit the following materials by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by USPS to:
Human Resources Manager
John C. Campbell Folk School
One Folk School Road
Brasstown, NC 28902
1. Interest statement detailing your experience and skills as it relates to the position.
2. Your contact information.
3. Contact Information for three references. At least one must be a professional reference.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
John C. Campbell Folk School is an EEO Employer. EEO employers are committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
At the Folk School, the health and safety of our team is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to pass the pre-employment requirements. The Folk School complies with all federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.